Did you know?
- Falls are the leading cause of accidental death and injury in people 65 and older.
- 33% of older adults fall annually, but only half of them talk to their doctor about it.
- Falling is NOT a normal part of aging.
Factors that lead to falls:
- Older age
- Decreased sensation in feet
- Inner ear (vestibular) disorders
- Neurological disease (Parkinson's, multiple sclerosis, prior stroke, etc)
- Fear of falling
How Bay PT can address your balance and fall risk/prevention:
- Comprehensive fall-risk assessment
- Increase muscular strength
- Decrease fall risk and prevent fall-related injuries
- Restore functional balance
- Improve independence and quality of life
- Decrease fear of falling